I. Preliminary provisions
1. The general terms of participation are an integral part of the "Contract for Tourist Services" concluded between Memoria Travel and participants in the tour events arranged by the Client.
2. Memoria Travel declares that it has the appropriate documents giving authority to organize tour events in accordance with the requirements of the Act pertaining to Tourist Services of 29th August 1997, as amended.
3. Memoria Travel, as a tour operator and travel agent have certificate number Z/66/2008 issued by the Marshal of the Małopolska, which confirms their entry in the Register of Tour Operators and Tourism Intermediaries by the Marshal of Małopolska.
4. Insurance Company TUZ has provided insurance guarantee no: 1505/WA/116/2011, valid from 17.09.2011 to 16.07.2012, the purpose of which is to:
a) Cover reimbursement of payments made by customers in
the case of failure by Memoria Travel obligations under
b) Cover costs of the clients return to home in a case when Memoria Travel, contrary to obligation, will not provide this return journey.
The beneficiary of the guarantee is the Marshal of the County of Małopolska.
II. Application for participation in events
1. Applications to participate in selected tourist events organized by Memoria Travel follow after the settling of conditions by email by the interested body (hereinafter referred to as the Client) and a representative of Memoria Travel. Final confirmation of the event is in written form as a contract.
2. The contract contains precise details of the event, date, place, route, type of accommodation, meals, transport, prices and hours and place of the planned departure and return.
2. The offer Travel Agency Memoria Travel is on the website www.memoria.travel.pl
4. All personal details given by client to the Memoria Travel are protected in accordance with applicable law.
5. The Travel Agency Memoria Travel provides the client any information about medical requirements precluding participation in an event selected before commencement of the contract.
6. The client is obliged to inform Memoria Travel of any medical conditions before events in case the client may require hospitalization or the provision of medical equipment.
7. Participation of minors in events organized by Memoria Travel may take place only in the presence of parents or guardians.
1. Prices for the events and payment terms are determined individually with the client after establishing a program of the event, with all benefits and costs.
2. The price does not change if the program of the event, benefits and number of participants does not change. In any other case the organizer will prepare the recalculation.
Price changes to transportation costs, increased administration fees, taxes or increases in the exchange rate. The price may be increased or decreased in relation to these points. In this situation, the tour operator is obliged to immediately inform the client, and client shall immediately inform the organizer whether he accepts the proposed amendment to the contract or withdraws from the contract with the immediate repayment of all amounts paid without having to pay a penalty. Furthermore, changes in prices may occur no later than 21 days before the tour begins. Confirmation of price change must be made in writing to be valid.
3. Memoria Travel does not take an advance payment from the client, if the reservation of services under the program of the event does not require prepayment from Memoria Travel. If an advance payment is required then a schedule of payments is determined in each individual case.
4. Invoices for tour services organized by Memoria Travel are issued in PLN.
5. Payments can be made in cash, bank transfer. Form of payment is determined each individual case.
6. If a tour participant does not arrive for a meeting then in such case the client must pay in accordance with the calculation. Up to 7 days after the event, the client can claim a refund only for unused tickets. Other shared costs (tour courier, transportation, guides, organising of bonfires, meals etc.) are calculations for the entire group, so the refund is only for admission tickets. For events which are implemented without any admission tickets there is no reimbursement. Costs incurred prior to the execution of events and associated with tour preparation but not used by the absent tour participant are not refundable. If payment is not settled in accordance with previous confirmation and tour arrangements the tour cannot be realized. The costs of the events that have already begun (arrival of the coach at the school, the tour courier, and the indirect costs of the tour operator’s office) must be regulated up to 7 days before the date of planned departure. At the time of the absence of an advance payment the tour operator’s office automatically cancels the trip application. Advance payment for persons absent is not refundable. If the group completely dispenses with the event the advance payment is lost.
7. The Travel Agency Memoria Travel does not make a reimbursement if services were not fully utilized by the tour participants, i.e. shortened stays, or resignation from part or all of the services. The organizer is not responsible for changes to the program of events at the request of the client.
IV. Termination of the contract by the client or the transfer of rights to another person
1. The client has the right to withdraw from participation in the event for any reason. The only requirement is a written statement of resignation made at least 3 working days before the commencement of the event.
2. Resignation from the event is free of charge.
3. Memoria Travel agrees to return to the client the deposits paid for the event, minus any costs that Memoria Travel incurred in connection with the organization of the event.
4. The client can transfer his rights to participate in the event, to another person designated by him and is obliged to inform Memoria Travel of his decision no later than 3 working days before the event.
5. A condition of a change in the participants of the event is contact with Memoria Travel made by the new person(s) designated by the client and confirmation of their willingness to participate in the event.
6. Transfer of rights to participate in the event is only possible for an adult person.
7. Any changes which a new participant would like to introduce to the organized events are only possible within restricted time limits and according to availability of the activities. Alterations are also subject to price recalculations.
1. You have the right to lodge a complaint if it is considered that Memoria Travel has failed to comply with arrangements made with the client before the event.
2. The complaint should be submitted in writing within 30 days of the event.
3. The complaint should include a detailed description of the irregularities.
4. Memoria Travel undertakes to notify you of its decision within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
VI. Changes in prices and tourist services
1. Memoria Travel reserves the right to cancel an event or change the agreed program for reasons beyond control, such as government decisions, acts of God (if there is a real threat to life or health of the Customer), the existence of natural disasters, strikes, roadblocks, etc.
2. In this case, the client has the right to:
a) participate in an event replacement of the same or higher standard, or in an event of a lower standard for the reimbursement of the difference in price
b) cancel the contract for the immediate return of all the amounts paid.
3. Changing the terms of the events on request is possible for 7 days before the event, provided that it will be possible to organize events at the new time and at a price which will then apply.
VII. Organizational matters
1. The participant is required to attend punctually at the agreed place of departure of the event.
2. The participant is obliged to comply with regulations and rules of law enforcement and fire brigade in places of residence and travel, and any rules / customs, currency / in force in Poland, during transit and at the destination, and should have documents entitling him/her to cross the border.
3. From the start of the event the participant is obliged to adhere to the guidance office staff, or the guidance of the driver, guide, leader, or educator, regarding the implementation of the event.
4. Persons under the influence of alcohol and / or drugs will not be able to participate in the event.
5. Participants bear full financial responsibility for damage caused and for those who are under protection. The cover is valid during the entire event. If damage costs are valued, payment will be upon presentation of invoices. The participant is liable for damage caused to accommodation, transport and in places where a party is being implemented under the program. In the case of minors, responsibility lies with the people responsible according to the contract, i.e. teachers on behalf of a school.
6. With trips organized for schools safety and studentbehaviour is the responsibility of the designated teacher representing the school on behalf of the group.
VIII. Liability, losses and damages
Memoria Travel is not responsible for any default or inadequate fulfilment of concluded arrangements, if caused by:
a) the act or omission of the customer
b) the act or omission of third parties who do not participate in this event, if their acts or omissions were not possible to predict
c) Force Majeure
2. Exclusion of liability for failure to perform or improper fulfilment of findings contained in the situations listed above. Memoria Travel does not relieve the client from the obligation to provide for the duration of events aid to a person in need.
3. The organizer has the right to unilaterally withdraw from the contract if the participant or his behaviour hampers the implementation of an event or threatens the health and lives of other participants.
Costs in this situation, the participant's or guardian, lie with the group.
4. The organizer is not responsible for valuable components of baggage: money, documents, electronic equipment. A participant in an event has a duty to watch over this luggage.
5. The organizer is obliged to substitute technically efficient coaches, with current MOT, maintenance and documentation. In the event of failure of the coach the office is obliged to substitute a replacement coach. Police checks are made independently on clients’ coaches. Costs associated with any unforeseen additional commuting time and connected with coach journeys are to be paid by the customer. The office is not responsible for delays associated with additional inspections on the coach over and above authorized service, which are related to drivers' working time and the execution time of events. The customer must count on the fact that in such cases, some items of the agenda may be unrealized, although the cost of booking and the implementation of the event have been incurred. Thus, the total cost of the event must be regulated.
IX. Final provisions
1. In cases not covered by these General Conditions, the relevant rules are those of the Tourist Services Act and related provisions of the Civil Code.
2. Any disputes arising from the implementation of these terms and conditions will be settled in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
3. A customer signing an agreement with the organizer confirms that he/she has read and agrees to these Terms of Participation.