Churches and sanctuaries – along the route of Polish saints
Price: from 50 € (per group)
See the site of the former Jewish ghetto in Krakow with your own eyes in the places like Ghetto Heroes’ Square and famous Eagle Pharmacy.
This tour is a perfect introduction before a visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau or other camps.
Move into the time before 1943 when the final liquidation of the Krakow ghetto took place. Learn the tragic history of its inhabitants and their everyday life behind the walls. During the tour you will also become familiar with the profiles of Poles and Germans who helped the persecuted risking their own lives. We will visit, among others, the widely known Eagle Pharmacy that functioned in the ghetto due to the Nazis’ permission, the Ghetto Heroes’ Square which was the main deportation square in ghetto and the world famous Oscar Schindler’s Factory. In addition you are invited for an extraordinary meeting with a person awarded a Medal of the Righteous Among the Nations. This tour is a deep insight into the terrible times of WWII.
* guide service
* TourGuide headset (for groups of 11 and more)
- the Eagle Pharmacy - 1.5, 1 €
* additional options 4 - 9
The price is set individually and depends on the number of people and option selected and varies from 5 € to 40 € per group.
Ca. 2 hours, depending on the selected options
Option 6 requires additional time (1 – 1.5 hours)
The lobby of your hotel
The tour is available all year round. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season and religious holidays.
People in wheelchair may encounter a little inconvenience due to entrance thresholds and uneven sidewalks.
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
This is a wireless system for tour groups giving all participants in the group the opportunity to listen to the explanations of the guide in the same way regardless of the distance from him (the average transmission range is about 100 meters, and each participant has its own receiver), the system provides comfort when sightseeing and the ability to move freely in locations where silence is expected.
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
Options 1 - 5 are usually selected during the trip. Options 6 and 7 require additional time (1 – 1.5 hour each).
1. The Eagle Pharmacy (Interior tour) - functioned in the ghetto due to the Nazis’ permission, it was owned by a non-Jew Tadeusz Pankiewicz who was awarded a Medal of the Righteous Among the Nations after the war; the pharmacy was an unusual phenomenon in the whole occupied Europe.
2. Ghetto Heroes’ Square - the main deportation square of Krakow Jews; Umschlagplatz.
3. the site of the former ghetto - where we will see, among others, the buildings of Judenrat, Arbeitsamt, hospitals, factories, orphanages and others.
4. the fragment of the ghetto wall that surrounded the ghetto in the years 1941-1943 -
5. Oscar Schindler’s Factory - world famous enamel factory whose owner Oscar Schindler was a German; known from Steven Spielberg’s movie “Schindlers List”; Oscar Schindler was awarded a Medal of the Righteous Among the Nations for having rescued about 1200 Jews; currently the building houses a very interesting exhibition “Krakow under Nazi occupation 1939 – 1945” presenting Krakow during WWII in a very attractive way.
6. Oscar Schindler’s Factory (Interior Tour) - visiting the exhibition requires additional time, around 1-1.5 hour; tickets – 4.5, 3 €
7. meeting with a person awarded a Medal of the Righteous Among the Nations - this medal is the highest of Israel’s civil honor given to non-Jews; it is awarded by YadVashem (The Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority); awarded people are just humble heroes who rescued lives of Jewish people risking their own lives during WWII; this is a lesson for the future; let’s listen to it. The meeting is arranged individually.