Auschwitz-Birkenau & the salt mine in 1 day
Price: from 35 € (per person)
Experience unforgettable moments during rafting on the Dunajec river. Fall in love with
exceptional Pieniny mountains full of beautiful nature and monuments.
During this trip you will definitely fall in love with the Pieniny Mountains. This charming
place is full of exceptional monuments, natural beauty and straightforward, happy people.
And no matter that your clothes and shoes get wet sometimes, rafting on the Dunajec river is
one of the most interesting tourist attraction of Pieniny. The rafts have changed their design
over the years very little and rafters, dressed in colorful, locally sewn characteristic vests,
still surprise visitors with riddles and tell beautiful stories and legends. You will also see a spectacular, revealing many secrets wooden church from the 15th century inscribed on the Unesco List and the impressive Niedzica castle shrouded in legend of the White Lady and treasure of the Incas.
The price depends on the number of people and options selected.
* transportation – a luxurious minibus or coach with AC, TV, DVD, seat belts
* tour guide service
* guide service in the selected places (Interior tour)
* tickets to the visited places
* tickets for rafting
* mineral water
* parking fees
* expanses of personal nature
Ca. 10 hours depending on the options selected.
The lobby of your hotel
The tour is available 1st April to 31st October except Easter Sunday and Corpus Christi. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season.
People in wheelchairs can take part in rafting if they can sit on a small wooden bench; the Niedzica castle and castle ruins in Czorsztyn are not accessible; for single wheelchair travellers we provide an assistant in order to see as much as possible.
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
Options 1,4 and 5 are usually selected during the trip.
1. the Dunajec rafting - rafting through one of the most beautiful gorges in Europe. The rafts have changed their design over the years very little and rafters, dressed in colorful, locally sewn characteristic vests, still surprise visitors with riddles and tell beautiful stories and legends; duration 2.5 hours
2. pontoon rafting on the Dunajec river - the group can be divided into two; more active people who like adrenalin pumping in their veins can participate in the pontoon rafting; the route is shorter than the traditional rafting but also goes through the most beautiful section of the gorge; the participants are under care of a qualified instructor and a professional equipment is provided (pontoons with water drains, feet protection, safety helmets, life jackets, paddles). Visitors are also provided with a place to get changed before and after rafting; safety is our priority
3. a lunch together during the rafting - after passing half of the route our rafts reach the shore where delicious lunch is waiting ; after the break we continue rafting
4. a church in Dębno (Interior tour) - a wooden church from the 15th century inscribed on the Unesco List is a real pearl of this region. Interior of the church hides many secrets like completely preserved polychrome on wooden walls which is the oldest one in Europe or the oldest example of a panel painting in Poland over 700 years old. You can also admire mysterious cymbals – one of five in the world (glockenspiel) where thinner plate makes low sounds and the thicker one high sounds which is the opposite of normal cymbals. What makes this church so special? Come and see yourself.
5. Niedzica castle (Interior tour) - small, romantic, mysterious and full of legends structure on the headland jutting out into the lake attracts a lot of people. This is one of the most valuable examples of defensive architecture in Poland continually inhabited
6. ruins of the Czorsztyn castle - built in the 14th century by the king Kazimierz the Great as a frontier fortress in order to protect the trade and diplomatic route situated along the river valley; one of the most interesting place in the region