Face of the Black Madonna – the Sanctuary of Jasna Gora
Price: from 15 € (per person)
Follow the footsteps of a young Pope – a Pole, Karol Wojtyła. Get to know the places so dear
to him and find out more about his youth.
Become familiar with places connected with the youth of John Paul II. During the tour you
will visit Wadowice where he was born and lived for the first 18 years of his life. You will
enter his family house and the basilica where he was baptized. Afterwards you will go to
the sanctuary of Kalwaria Zebrzydowska where Karol Wojtyła sought for rest from every
day matters. This is an unusual place. The Sanctuary comprises a baroque basilica of Our
Lady of Angels, a Franciscan Monastery and a group of churches and chapels located on the
area of six square kilometres. The whole complex creates a specific copy of Via Dolorosa
in Jerusalem as its topographic and architectural composition resembles holy places in
Jerusalem. It is also inscribed on the Unesco List. The walls of basilica contain the miraculous Image of Our Lady that Karol Wojtyła often used to pray in front of. At the end of the tour another nice surprise is waiting for you. We will stop in the Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy in Krakow where John Paul II entrusted a plight of mankind to the Divine Mercy.
The price depends on the number of people and options selected.
* transportation – a luxurious minibus or coach with AC, TV, DVD, seat belts
* tour guide/guide service
* tickets to the family house of John Paul II
* mineral water
* parking fees
* expanses of personal nature
Ca. 6 hours,
The lobby of your hotel
The tour is available all year round except 1st January, 1st November, 24th & 25th December and Easter Sunday. The museum can also be temporalily closed due to official visits, ceremonies etc. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season.
The tour is available for people on wheelchairs. ; for single wheelchair travellers we provide an assistant in order to see as much as possible;
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
Options 1, 2 and 4 are usually selected during the tour.
1. Wadowice - the hometown of John Paul II.
2. Kalwaria Zebrzydowska - The Sanctuary comprises a baroque basilica of Our Lady of Angels, a Franciscan monastery and a group of churches and chapels located on the area of six square kilometres. The whole complex is a specific copy of Jerusalem Via Dolorosa as it resembles holy places in Jerusalem by its topographic and architectural composition. It is listed in the Unesco List. The walls of the basilica contain the miraculous Image of Our Lady Karol Wojtyla used to pray often in front of.
3. Holy Mass in the sanctuary of Kalwaria Zebrzydowska - the priests who come to the shrine with pilgrimage groups or individually, may celebrate the Eucharist every hour throughout the day from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (from Palm Sunday to 31 X) and at every hour from 6 a.m. till 5 p.m. (from 1st. November till Palm Sunday ).
4. The Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy (Interior Tour) - in this sanctuary the Image of Merciful Jesus and the relics of St. Faustina are venerated; many pilgrims from all over the world visit the convent every year; it is here where – on August 17th 2002 – John Paul II entrusted the plight of mankind to the Divine Mercy.
5. Prayer at the Hour of Mercy and the Chaplet to the Divine Mercy - every day at 3 pm in the Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy; if you choose this option the programme will be arranged so you could take part in the prayers.