Your idea of a Krakow tour
Price: (per group)
Exceptional tour along the Royal Route including such monuments as: the Wawel Hill, St. Mary’s Church and the Main Market Square. Take a fascinating trip along the Royal Route where royal processions and magnates made their way towards the Wawel Hill.
See Krakow through the eyes of the royal processions’ participants. Passing by the most famous Krakow monuments like the Barbican, the Cloth Hall and the Main Market Square, St. Mary’s Church with a gorgeous altar by Veit Stoss and the Wawel Hill you will admire their abundantly decorated interiors, you will listen to the legends and anecdotes associated with them and also learn the history of people who once lived there. Enjoy an unforgettable walk around the former capital of Poland and feel its atmosphere.
* guide service
* TourGuide headset (recommended for groups of 11 and more)
- Royal Cathedral - 3.2 €
- St. Mary's Church – 1.5, 1 €
- the tower of St. Mary’s Church - 1.5, 1 €
- the Barbican - 2, 1.5 €
Ca. 3 hours, depending on the selected options
The lobby of your hotel
The tour is available all year round. On Sunday, we suggest that you start exploring after 12 due to morning Masses. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season.
People in wheelchairs cannot visit the Sigismund Bell and the crypt in Wawel Cathedral, the tower of St. Mary’s church and the higher level of the Barbican (lots of stairs and no ramps in buildings).
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
This is a wireless system for tour groups giving all participants in the group the opportunity to listen to the explanations of the guide in the same way regardless of the distance from him (the average transmission range is about 100 meters, and each participant has its own receiver), the system provides comfort when sightseeing and the ability to move freely in locations where silence is expected.
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
Options 1, 2 and 7 are usually selected during the trip. All options are Interior Tours.
1. Wawel Cathedral (Interior Tour) - occupies a unique position in Polish history and consciousness of the Polish nation, for centuries a place of worship of St. Stanislaus. Coronations and royal burials were held here and it is the burial place of poets and national heroes.
2. St. Mary's Church (Interior Tour) - one of the largest and most important, after Wawel Cathedral, Krakow church, filled with works of art, of which the best known is the high altar by Veit Stoss, a masterpiece of late medieval sculpture.
3. Entry up the tower of St. Mary’s Church (Interior Tour) - the higher tower of St. Mary’s Church from which a bugle call is played every hour on the hour; a beautiful view of the town stretches from the top; you can often talk to the trumpeter; available 1st May – 31st August every Tuesdays, Thurdays and Saturdays
4. The Barbican (Interior Tour) - a defensive building build in the line of Krakow battlements; it is the only so big and well preserved Barbican in Europe; it enchants with the perfection of the construction from the architectural and defensive point of view.
5. You can extend the sightseeing by visiting Wawel Hill - see: In the footsteps of the kings and magnates. Wawel Hill