Following the footsteps of young Karol Wojtyla.
Price: from 14 € (per person)
See the mysterious underground world of one of the most valuable Polish treasures – the
historical salt mine in Wieliczka.
Experience unforgettable moments in a mysterious underground world - the labyrinth of
chambers, corridors, sidewalks and shafts. The Wieliczka Salt Mine is a magical and unique
place, a real wonder of the world inscribed on the Unesco List. Wandering through the
corridors you will understand why the Wieliczka mine is called a “salt treasure”. It’s a symbol
of pride, power and enormous effort of miners. Apart from 20 monumental chambers created
by nature and man, connected by 2 kms of corridors, you will also see beautiful stalagmites
and stalactites shaped by the salty water. You will witness the work of art carved by the
miners-amateurs in the form of huge chapels with the most beautiful Chapel of St. Kinga,
you will also see three underground salt lakes, mining and transport machinery for salt blocks and much more… You can choose yourself the route option between the three following alternatives: Tourists’, Miners’ and Pilgrims’ Route - all of them will make you experience unforgettable moments in this amazing place in accordance with your own choice.
We do not recommend visiting the mine to those who suffer from claustrophobia.
The price depends on the number of people and options selected.
* transportation – a luxurious minibus or coach with AC, TV, DVD, seat belts
* tour guide service
* guide service in the mine
* tickets to the mine
* mineral water
* parking fees
* expanses of personal nature
Ca. 4 hours
The lobby of your hotel
The tour is available all year round except 1st January, Easter Sunday, 1st November and 24th & 25th December. The museum can also be temporalily closed due to official visits, ceremonies etc. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season.
- the journey begins with the descent of 380 steps down a shaft to the first level; there are 800 steps along the whole route; after the tour, visitors go up to the surface in a mining elevator
The most beautiful part of the Tourist Route is adapted for persons on wheel chairs. ; for single wheelchair travellers we provide an assistant in order to see as much as possible;
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
1. Tourists’ Route - this is a journey through the carved in salt corridors, chambers and chapels, with the most beautiful underground salt pearl - Chapel of St. Kinga. Along this route you can admire salt sculptures, salty lakes, mining and transport machinery for salt blocks and much more; duration about 3 hours.
2. Miners’ Route - it’s not just a common sightseeing tour but most of all it’s an active expedition deep into the Earth. It’s an exciting trip for all those who love to feel adrenaline and an excellent opportunity to check yourself in this thrilling but difficult profession of a salt miner. We’ll go down in miners’ clothes along the oldest medieval shaft to experience their underground life and also to carry out tasks which ensure a safe return of the group. This route is recommended for active people; duration about 3 hours.
3. Pilgrims’ Route - this is an option for pilgrims who search for prayerful contemplation and desire to experience the presence of the underground sacrum. At the end of the route a priest accompanying the group may celebrate the Holy Mass; duration about 2.5 hours.