Salt treasure – a trip to the salt mine.
Price: from 20 € (per person)
Would you like to see one of the most mysterious regions of Poland? Come with us to the Swiętokrzyskie region!
Discover one of the most mysterious and little known regions in Poland – the Swiętokrzyskie region. It hides real pearls.
Unusual trail of striped flint.
During this unforgettable tour you will travel on an unusual trail of flint and get to know unique Neolithic mines. You can find here perfectly preserved caves, mine tips and mine shafts which together have created the unique industrial landscape of 5000 years ago. Nowhere else in the world you can have a chance to see such mines. Here are about four thousand mines at the exploitation field. Roaming around the tourist route you will go through the interiors of historic underground mines, the reconstruction of mining camps, flint workshops as well as a village from the Stone Age. You will also find out what the flint was used for in prehistoric times. We can only reveal that flint for the people of the Stone Age had the same meaning as have steel and gold for us nowadays.
Secrets of the stone of optimism.
Additionally, we will also visit a flint grindery. You are probably already interested in the fact that the striped flint is called a Polish diamond and a stone of optimism. It is regaining its important place among precious stones. Jewellery with striped flint is worn all over the world, and it’s popular among such personalities as Robbie Williams, Boy George or Victoria Beckham.
In the world of china.
During the tour you will also experience other attractions. We will take you to the world of porcelain in Cmielow. This manufactory is the only one of its kind in Poland. For the last 200 years every piece of porcelain has been carefully processed and then again manually decorated. These little works of art are of great interest among collectors and connoisseurs of porcelain around the world. We will show you Porcelain Live Museum, where you can see the entire process of porcelain production. In addition you can participate in workshops during which you can make your own porcelain piece and take it home.
Older than dinosaurs.
And at the end of the day we will look back in time for almost 400 million years. Walking in a former quarry we can admire Tetrapod’s tracks. Amazing discovery of the tracks became a scientific sensation on a global scale. Tetrapods were the first vertebrate that emerged from the sea. They were a link between fish and the four-footed animals. The tracks found here became the basis for changes in the dating of the evolution of these animals on land to about 18 million years before i.e. over one hundred million years before dinosaurs. These are the oldest tracks of vertebrate found so far. You can touch the tracks.
The Swiętokrzyskie region still hasn’t been discovered. Be one of the first!
The price depends on the number of people and options selected.
* transportation – a luxurious minibus or coach with AC, TV, DVD, seat belts
* tour guide service
* qualified guide service in the region
* tickets to selected places
* mineral water
* parking fees
* expanses of personal nature
Ca. 14 hours.
The lobby of your hotel.
The tour is available all year round. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season.
During the tour we cover the distance of about 400 kms (ca. 250 miles).
Wheelchair users can’t see the striped flint mine as it hasn’t been adapted yet. They can see the whole complex above the ground and the Neolithic village; in a quarry they may encounter a little inconvenience due to uneven sidewalks; for single wheelchair users we provide an assistant in order to see as much as possible.
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
Options 1 - 4 are usually selected during the trip.
1. the mines of striped flint - perfectly preserved caves, mine tips and mine shafts which together have created the unique industrial landscape of 5000 years ago; here you can see the interiors of historic underground mines, the reconstruction of mining camps, flint workshops as well as a village from the Stone Age; a unique on a global scale.
2. a visit to the flint grindery -
3. the Cmielow manufactory of china - it is the only one of its kind in Poland; for the last 200 years every piece of porcelain has been carefully processed and then again manually decorated; we will show you Porcelain Live Museum, where you can see the entire process of porcelain production; additionally you can participate in workshops during which you can make your own porcelain piece and take it home; made in Poland.
4. Tetrapod’s tracks - the tracks of the first vertebrate that came up on land almost 400 million years ago; a unique on a global scale.