When you’re short of time… The Royal Route & the Jewish Quarter
Price: from 30 € (per group)
Enjoy a Melex vehicle tour of the Royal complex and its monuments: the Barbican, Main Market Square and Wawel Castle. Fast and exciting!
Short of time? This tour is for you! During the 1.5 hour Melex vehicle tour, you will see the most wonderful sights of the Old Town. Together we will visit the most beautiful buildings of the former Polish capital: St. Mary's Church, which has located inside a historic altar by Veit Stoss - a masterpiece of late medieval sculpture, and Wawel Cathedral - the coronation and burial place of Polish kings. On the way we pass the walls of the Barbican, the Cloth Hall and the Collegium Maius. This is the only such proposal in Krakow - a combination of a story of a real tour guide and viewing sites inside during the comfortable Melex vehicle tour.
* guide service
*TourGuide headset (for groups of 7 and more)
- 40 € / group (1-4 people)
- 10 € / person (5 people and more)
- Royal Cathedral - 3, 2 €
- St. Mary's Church – 1.5, 1 €
Ca. 1.5 hours depending on options selected.
The lobby of your hotel.
The tour is available all year round, on Sunday, we suggest that you start exploring after 12 due to morning Masses that take place in churches. Ask first as the opening hours change according to the season.
This is a wireless system for tour groups giving all participants in the group the opportunity to listen to the explanations of the guide in the same way regardless of the distance from him (the average transmission range is about 100 meters, and each participant has its own receiver), the system provides comfort when sightseeing and the ability to move freely in locations where silence is expected.
People in wheelchairs can not visit the Sigismund Bell and the crypt in Wawel Cathedral (lots of stairs and no ramps in buildings).
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions.
Options 1 and 2 are usually selected during the tour.
1. Wawel Cathedral (Interior Tour) - occupies a unique position in Polish history and consciousness of the Polish nation, for centuries a place of worship of St. Stanislaus. Coronations and royal burials were held here and it is the burial place of poets and national heroes.
2. St. Mary's Church (Interior Tour) - one of the largest and most important, after Wawel Cathedral, Krakow church, filled with works of art, of which the best known is the high altar by Veit Stoss, a masterpiece of late medieval sculpture.