The secrets of the Jewish District
Price: from 30 € (per group)
Discover Krakow during WWII. The site of the former ghetto, Oscar Schindler’s Factory and Amon Goeth’s house are just some of the places you will see.
This tour is a deep insight into the terrible times of WWII. Move to Krakow time of WWII. See the daily life of its inhabitants and know the profiles of people who through their acts of courage inscribed in the history of this town. Walking by the most important places of the capital of General Government we will reach the Gestapo Headquarters, world famous Oscar Schindler’s Factory, Amon Goeth’s house and the site of Krakow ghetto. In addition, you are invited for an exceptional meeting with a survivor from a concentration camp or a person awarded a Medal of the Righteous Among the Nations. This tour is a perfect introduction before a visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau or other camps.
* guide service
* TourGuide headset (recommended for groups of 11 and more)
- The Memory Trail - 5, 4 €
I entitles to enter Oscar Schindler’s Factory, Eagle Pharmacy and Gestapo Headquarters.
* public transportation tickets – ca. 2 €/ person
* additional options 11 and 12
The price is set individually and depends on the number of people and option selected and varies from 5 € to 40 € per person.
Ca. 4 hours, depending on the selected options
Option 11 and 12 requires additional time (1 – 1.5 hours each)
The lobby of your hotel
The tour is available all year round. Ask first about the opening hours which change according to the season.
One guide can lead a group of 25 people at the most. In case the group is more than 25 people another guide is required in the museum.
During the tour we use public transporation to cover longer distances. When a group has their own vehicle public transportation tickets are not applicable.
People in wheelchair may encounter a little inconvenience due to entrance thresholds and uneven sidewalks as well as a few steps and narrow doors in he Gestapo Headquarters.
From the available options, you can choose interesting proposals, you can also suggest a starting time and then the final plan will be prepared. In case of doubt, please contact us and ask questions .
This is a wireless system for tour groups giving all participants in the group the opportunity to listen to the explanations of the guide in the same way regardless of the distance from him (the average transmission range is about 100 meters, and each participant has its own receiver), the system provides comfort when sightseeing and the ability to move freely in locations where silence is expected.
You will be under the care of licensed and experienced guides. We have worked with them for many years, and many surprising and unusual situations have proved that we can rely on them.
Options 1 - 10 are usually selected during the trip. Options 11 and 12 require additional time (1 – 1.5 hours each).
1. Gestapo Headquarters - it housed the Gestapo Headquarters during World War II were the investigations were carried out; some of the cellars were converted into holding cells for detainees under interrogation; inscriptions carved by prisoners into the walls in the cells have been preserved to this day.
2. Eagle Pharmacy (Interior tour) - it functioned in the ghetto due to the Nazis’ permission, it was own by a non-Jew Tadeusz Pankiewicz who was awarded a Medal Righteous Among the Nations after he war; the pharmacy was an unusual occurrence in the whole occupied Europe.
3. Ghetto Heros’ Square - the main deportation square of Krakow Jews; umschlagplatz.
4. the fragment of the ghetto wall that surrounded the ghetto in the years 1941-1943 -
5. Oscar Schindler’s Factory (Interior tour) - world famous enemal utensils factory whose owner was a German Oscar Schindler; know from Steven Spielberg’s movie “Schindlers List”; Oscar Schindler was awarded a Medal Righteous Among the Nations for having rescued about 1200 Jews; currently the building houses a very interesting exhibition “Krakow under Nazi occupation 1939 – 1945” presenting in a very interesting way Krakow during WWII.
6. the site of the former concentration camp - built in Krakow in 1942 due to the Nazis order; known from the movie “Schindler’s List”.
7. Amon Goeth’s house - the house of the camp commandant; known from the movie “Schindler’s List”.
8. “grey house” - the former SS headquarter and a prison; on the site of the camp.
9. execution places -
10. a monument of a “torn hearts” - built to honor all the victims of the Nazi terror; on the site of the camp.
11. meeting with a survivor from a concentration camp - the meeting is arranged individually.
12. meeting with a person awarded a Medal Righteous Among the Nations - this medal is the highest Israelies civil medal given to non-Jews; it is awarded by Yad Vashem (The Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority); awarded people are humble people who rescued the lies of Jewish people risking their own lives during WWII; this is a lesson for the future; lets listen to them. The meeting is set individually.